The Bioscan Conventional and Digital Radiology Department is equipped with state-of-the-art radiology systems that cover all the modern imaging methods.
“The radiation protection of patients is a key priority; to this end, all exams are performed based on strict protocols established by the Greek Atomic Energy Commission (EAAE).”
The Bioscan Diagnostic Lab performs all simple X-rays on all the anatomical parts of the body:
Salpingography or hysterosalpingography is a special imaging test of the uterus. A special contrast agent is used during the exam, which traces the fallopian tubes and the uterus. As the contrast agent starts to flow towards the uterus and fallopian tubes, a series of images are recorded via X-rays, providing clear information to the radiologist about the size and shape of the uterine cavity, the patency of the fallopian tubes and the presence of adhesions close to the fallopian tubes.
- If pregnancy cannot be achieved.
- As part of a check-up before insemination or IVF.
- Following salpingitis or other infections (chlamydia, gonorrhea).
- In the event of recurrent miscarriages.
- For further investigation of anatomical uterine anomalies.
- For further evaluation of pathological findings (polyps, fibroids, adhesions).
A salpingography is a beneficial exam, with diagnostic and therapeutic value for women. This is due to the fact that when the contrast agent starts to flow and passes through the uterine cavity and the fallopian tubes – and provided there are no other pathological findings – it unblocks and opens up the fallopian tubes from possible microadhesions, assisting in the natural conception in subsequent cycles.